070310 - Stonington Light
Located on the east side of Stonington Harbor, the lighthouse was built in 1840 but discontinued
in 1889. The 62 foot granite structure originally housed a Sixth-Order Fresnel lens. In 1925 it was
converted into a museum and the optics removed. When open, people can stand on the platform where
the Fresnel lens assembly was once situated.
The image was captured with a Nikon F3 and 35mm f/2.8 PC lens on Ektachrome 64; Bogen tripod.
This image is available framed or matte only in the following sizes:
● 8x10 print / 11x14 matte
● 11x14 print / 16x20 matte
● 16x20 print / 20x24 matte